CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 5, 2009

asking for help



Not always the easiest task for many of us.

I know for this alcoholic coming in holding
on to ego, false pride, arrogance and a
"know it all" attitude, it was nearly impossible.

After all, I was a functioning alcoholic, or so I thought.
I had been holding onto the illusion of control.

As time went on it gradually became easier
to ask for help and guidance.
My way and only gotten me back to old
habits and eventually failure.

Today I seek knowledge from those who are
willing to share their experience.
In recent years I have become a student
of addiction and recovery.

Not only is it about knowledge, but how to
apply what I learn to my daily life.


ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

clean and crazy said...

i hope to always be teachable, some thing tells me though, that part of that means i will always need to ask for help. i have trouble with that too.

Shadow said...

rings many bells, john.

Unknown said...

To be open to new ways of thinking is so difficult, but so worth it.

Gabbi

 
ga.js