CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

honesty in recovery

honesty;
one of the most important aspects of recovery.

not always the easier, softer way;
but essential to the progressive wellness
of any addict.

while one can be quite honest with others,
the ability to be completely truthful with
ourselves, can be elusive.

much of this is due to a lifestyle of self-deception,
fueled by ego and denial.

the most difficult facet to address, is the
lie of omission.
those are the "little things", we feel will
cause us discomfort if we expose them.

small as a deception might seem,
it is still a part of a bigger problem;
unwillingness to be totally honest...
with ourselves, as well as others.

we don't have to "remember", to tell the truth





ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Shadow said...

the lie of omission. how very perceptive!

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I may have gone the other way and been too honest, tpoo often. I learned that can, as they say 'injure them or others' so once again I am forced to use moderation or practice restraint of pen and tongue, lest I create another situation in which I am forced to make an amend. And we know how much fun that can be. But with me...the gloves are off, and they need to be. Cheers, Geoffrey

Anonymous said...

yeah its very perceptive.

 
ga.js