CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 22, 2008

perception



a pertinent point to remember for anyone;
and a crucial one for those in recovery.

many times the personal view of ourselves differs
greatly from how we are perceived by family,
friends and co-workers.

the failure or refusal to accept our
true selves is common among addicts.

we had spent so much time escaping
from reality and our true feelings, it became
difficult to connect with who we really were.

in time we discover who we are,
where we are headed,
and a clearer perception of self.
ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Shadow said...

that is so true. i'm getting better at that, but there are still many many people out there who think i'm so strong, infalliable, calm, unfazed, so maybe i'm not quite as changed as i think i am.... old habits die hard - rolling stones

Anonymous said...

Very nicely put. This was one of the bigger struggles I faced when I decided I needed help. Who the hell was I going to be when it was over? I found out I was already in there somewhere I just had to lift the fog.

 
ga.js