CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 28, 2009

Monday quotes


The highest form of wisdom is kindness.
- The Talmud

If you want something you've never had, you've got to do something you've never done!
- Tangela

We worry about what a child will be tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.
- Stacia Tauscher

I stopped believing in Santa Claus when I was six. Mother took me to see him in a department store and he asked for my autograph.
- Shirley Temple

Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't.
- Margaret Thatcher


Success has nothing to do with what you gain in life or accomplish for yourself. It's what you do for others.
- Danny Thomas

I hate women because they always know where things are.
- James Thurber

If you do nothing else this year...Evolve.
- Lily Tomlin

Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.
- Brian Tracy

Once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words.
- Chuang Tzu

I'm an idealist: I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.
- Carl Sandburg

A holiday gives one a chance to look backward and forward to reset oneself by an inner compass.
- May Sarton




ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Shadow said...

what a selection! each one so so good!

Savannah L. said...

Nice collection of quotes... I totally needed that. I googled "recovery blogs" and found yours...just looking for some inspiration as I struggle to cope with a family member's alcoholism. Funny, you'd think it would be easier for me to know what to do with my drunkard of a grandfather being that I am in recovery myself, but such is not the case :(

He agreed to go to outpatient drug rehab (for Norco addiction) today, though, so that's a plus.

Thanks for reminding me of one of MY fave quotes: "If nothing changes, nothing changes."

:)

anita said...

Great quotes all. I can't pick out one as a "fave" but I think this one comes closest:

If you want something you've never had, you've got to do something you've never done!
- Tangela

I like the Margaret Thatcher quote as well. So very true.

 
ga.js