CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

'tis the season...


...to be jolly;
or perhaps, anxious, stressed,
sad, hopeful or just normal.

there is a flood of emotions
associated with the holidays.

they always remind me of
getting ready for the prom;
lots of preparation, shopping,
anticipation and excitement.

through the decades of my
life, Christmas has been ever
evolving.

remembering what it was like
as a child and teen.
the large family gatherings,
great food and loads of presents.

I recall the joy of all the Christmas
mornings with my son, watching
him open gifts.

to the last decade of sharing the
holidays with Deb and her daughters.

the last four years enjoying the
addition of Steph's two boys.

there have been many changes
to my Christmas experience;
at this stage of my life, I understand
the joy of giving like never before.




ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

clean and crazy said...

merry christmas fireman john, it is a blessing to know the reason for the season, i love this post.

Shadow said...

aw john, this is beautiful. have a merry christmas!

 
ga.js