CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

a snowbird in Arizona

its been since 2/4 that i have been away from connecticut
and the joys of freezing cold temps and slippery roads.
myself and those vacationing from michigan, iowa, Minnesota and
canada are labeled "snowbirds".

I do have the advantage of driving cars with arizona plates,
so i am spared the looks of disdain from some of the locals.

while i do experience some guilt that i am here and Deb
is back home running the sober house; I know Roger is
there as hands-on manager.

there is no shortage of meetings either; though the average
length of sobriety is over 20 years!

april 3rd we have a wedding to attend in las vegas.
gee, not too much drinking, gambling or showgirls there!

just another chance to observe those who can drink
safely; hopefully do just that, & without embarrassing
themselves in the process.


ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

:: Chez :: said...

Hey, Fireman John-

This doesn't really have anything to do with this particular post, but you commented at my blog (thanks for the compliment!) so I came to visit yours. And I LOVE the name! I tell sponsees to use the program to "stop, drop and roll" as they get sober, so I was delighted to find Stop, Drop, Recover. It's such a great visual for how we need to treat recovery!

-SoberGirl

Anonymous said...

I know I am a minority in NE with 26 1/2 yrs tired of being attacked for continuous sobriety.I would love to be a Florida snowbird maybe thats where my peers are and REAL AA?!

The Lone Beader® said...

I have never been to Vegas, but I hear there are a lot of buffets there. That's not a bad thing, right?

Maybe someday, I'll have to go there for a wedding - hopefully my own drive-thru wedding in a hot rod car! :D

 
ga.js