CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 21, 2010

crossing over


most of us have experienced a
"crossing over" period.

for some it was obvious from
the start; those who instantly
feel in love with the buzz.

others may have started to
begin the crossing in high
school or college.

my progression was so slow
and insidious, I can't pinpoint
that crossover.

because of the
gradual time-line of social,
moderate, heavy, and finally
dependence, even family and
friends had a hard time believing--

what turned me on for so long,
had turned on me.


not that it really matters in
the course of recovery;
but it does making the admission
of having a problem, much more
difficult.



ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Shadow said...

for me it was a period that lasted 6 years. yet the effect lasts a lifetime...

Mike said...

Thanks for the post.
Yeah, gosh I sort of remember it. I didn't like it at first, but then the courage I had suddenly was amazing.
In the end though I was afraid of everyone.
What it gives it takes away more of. It was like making a deal with the devil...I almost paid with all my soul

Choleesa said...

I was the by stander while the cross over took place with the father of my kids. It affects more than just the addict.

Jewish Treatment said...

Crossing over is nice post great work Thank you for sharing

 
ga.js