CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

life's little bumps

last night we went bowling;
a little recreation in the local
town.

on my very first approach I
slipped and went down like
a sack of potatos.

pulled a muscle in my hip,
and the evening was over
for me.

my first thought was, 24
years of fighting fires in the
busiest areas of the largest
city in connecticut, and here
I am crippled by lane 5 at
"Coon bowl", in Coon Rapids,
Iowa!

thankfully, i limped away
with a smile, returned my
rental shoes and watched
the rest of the guys have
a good time.

before i had the chance to
feel sorry for myself, one
of the younger guys told
how, on his first day here,
he twisted his ankle, and
was out of commission
nearly 6 weeks.

just another lesson;
things could always be worse

accept the cards as dealt,
and move forward.


ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

clean and crazy said...

here is to a speedy recovery my freind.
as the late great Randy Pausch once said, you can't change the cards your dealt, just how you play the game.

Shadow said...

wishing you a speedy recovery!

Dulçe ♥ said...

I hope it gets well soon.. bad luck?
there is always a reason for things to happen... (let's think so a nd thus make it easier)

Hugs!

 
ga.js