CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

step 12



still hoping and praying for a spiritual
awakening.
the thought of a drink has never left me.

sure it has diminished from the former
compulsion, receded to a moderate desire,
and has settled down to a passing thought.

carrying the message has been done by
sharing my experiences at meetings, 12
step calls and of course by providing
housing and guidance for alkys and
addicts in our sober home.

practicing the principles begins with gaining
patience, tolerance and acceptance.
honesty, humility and helping others
allows me to truly be unselfish.

it's not always the easier, softer way,
but it is a means to a serene life.



ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Shadow said...

diminished for sure, disappeared? i'd lie if i said it did...

melifaif said...

I am praying for your continued recovery. Keep strong. I hope you find that serene life!

 
ga.js