CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 29, 2009

thanks for asking!


I have been asked by Lucy,
"what is it about drinking that you most
enjoyed or that you found most tempting? "

growing up shy and insecure, drinking
provided relief from inhibitions and fear
of rejection.

since I had an extended "honeymoon"
period with boozing, it was a reward
and a welcome complement to socializing
with relatives and friends.

in addition, drinking was common after
playing sports. whether it was co-ed
softball, or my extended volleyball
career.

being able to say and do things that i
wouldn't without a buzz, was also
a huge part of the attraction.

looking back i realize that drinking
always preceded any amorous
events in my life, to relieve shyness
and inhibition with the opposite sex.


ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Shadow said...

thank you for your honesty. the attraction for me was i'd relax and take things easy. things wouldn't matter so much. i could let things go. and of course i could talk to anyone about anything. and the cherry on top? boredom...

clean and crazy said...

i just wanted to be someone else, anyone but me. drinking gave me that.

 
ga.js