CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 17, 2007

Live and Let Live


Live and let live; a popular slogan in the rooms of recovery. It was today's reading at the Living Sober format, noon meeting today. Sounds simple enough, right? Not usually the case for the typical addict, who can be confrontational, resentful and angry. My usual mood was like a time bomb waiting to explode. The root of that simmering rage was the feelings of power and control that surfaced with a good buzz.
Looking back, I now see that non-restraint of pen and tongue, could have had horrible consequences. Today, I still get torqued a bit on the road, or with people who annoy me, but I am able to just take a breath and think; does it have to be said now, or by me , or even at all.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

0 comments:

 
ga.js