Research done by Oxford House has found that addicts who return to their previous living arrangement after treatment, have only a 25% chance of staying clean for 6 MONTHS; whereas those who choose a sober house stay of 13 months, have a 75% chance of remaining clean for 5 YEARS.
Quite a dramatic difference. The study shows the difficulty of returning to all of the people, places and things that surrounded us during our addiction spiral. The purpose of the sober house, is to establish some healthy habits to replace the destructive ones. I can attest to the dramatic difference between going back home and deciding to try the transitional living mode.
Saturday, August 11, 2007
Posted by Fireman John at 11:28 AM