CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Truth or Consequences


It's been said, "the truth will set you free". Very true when it comes to addiction. Honesty begins with strident self-appraisal, and not the euphoric,"well I wasn't that bad" type.
It is not until we reach that degree of gut level honesty, that we can begin to be truthful to others.
How many times have we said "I'm sorry", to friends, family and employers? All the while we were deluding ourselves, thinking we could regain control, or didn't need outside help.
No matter how trivial an issue may seem, even a lie of omission, is STILL a lie!
Honesty is not always the soft, easy way, but for us it is the only method of ever establishing the trust we have lost in our tangled web of former deception.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

erinsav said...

Being honest with myself is one of those things that I find kind of difficult.

It is a struggle for me but one I choose to deal with everyday. I feel that if I work through the difficulty of it, sooner or later being honest with myself will seem like the norm for me.

That's what I'm striving for anyway.

 
ga.js