CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 25, 2008

AA & Chiropractic


I am beginning to see the similarities between aa meetings
and going to the chiropractor.
My experience with the body-twisters was the exact same
spinal manipulation for every different ailment.
While the bending and cracking did provide temporary
relief, the only long-term solution offered, was to come back
weekly for more.

What i sought were answers and exercises to correct any
imbalances i had. there was no desire or need to become
long-term dependent on external manipulation.

AA tells me the same thing; come here forever, or be
in pain.
Sorry, I seek the same knowledge and methods for
improving my mental health as i do my physical well
being.

I do not want to rely on group therapy forever.
just supply me with the tools and tactics that i
can implement into my daily life, to deal with the
issues of drugs and alcohol; without the chiro-warning
that i must come back indefinitely, or remain in pain.



ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dearest Jack,
HORROR:
Nearly four years ago I was wandering around [mental hospital] completely shattered physically, emotionally and spiritually.

The mental torment I was experiencing was absolutely terrifying. Every waking second, I was having horrifying images from my past.

I thought I was being punished for my past sins. My whole life flashed before my eyes and I felt I had failed miserably in my journey through life. The whole experience was an awakening [THE LONG DARK NIGHT OF THE SOUL] a metamorphosis.

God was slowly penetrating the shield I had put up all those desperate years. I had no “I” - that is what God wanted for me, to become Christ cantered, not “I” cantered [in retrospect].

There is nothing in this world, but the SAVING GRACE of our Lord & Saviour, Jesus Christ, who died on a cross, for mankind's sin. He eventually delivered me from my HELL; when I got down on my knees and asked Him for mercy and forgiveness for my sins. Praise the LORD!!

I, MICKY, AM THE LORD'S LIGHT & SALVATION FOR OTHER PEOPLE.

Shadow said...

all we need to do is remember. remember the bad times. and remember what to do. and daily reminder is what does it for me... it's worked for me so far...

 
ga.js