CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 21, 2008

Take some credit people...



life is a garden,
not a road
we enter and exit
through the same gate
wandering,
where we go matters less
than what we notice
~ Bokonon ~

I'm not getting much inspiration from my attendance at meetings.
Aside from the few who share from their heart, most of the talk is
the same recycled, slogan clone-speak.

lately, many of the topics have been steps, God, powerlessness and relationships.
Very few in the rooms are willing to take ANY credit for their recovery.
It's either HP, the group, sponsor, steps, big book or prayer. Never mentioned
is the individual's own initiative to get off their ass and do something without
checking with the group or a sponsor.

While I am willing to share that all of those things are PART of my plan;
none is of ANY use if i dont take some responsibility and credit for my
own recovery.

I take what i need and leave the rest; unfortunately for me, there isnt much to take.






ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

~pen~ said...

john, i agree - a lot of what i hear in the room is often-repeated phrases, the same things said by the same people over and over and over (ad nauseum) again.

thing is, they don't want to forget where they came from. if i had to rely on myself to be in the aa rooms night after night, i would be home in my jammies watching jeopardy! with the husband. however, i need to find the skills and relearn about what God has done for me that i couldn't do for myself.

if i walk out with only that, it was worth my being there.

i can't take credit for what i didn't have. only God has enabled me to be sober. i can do nothing on my own apart from Him. had He not spoken the very words "you are never to drink again" into my spirit on December 3rd, instead of getting off at the 5th floor, i may have ended up bottoming out.

Shadow said...

aren't we our own worst judge?

so yes, you are right, we do have to give ourself credit too!

Unknown said...

My Dear Jack,
Are you "colour blind?" Your BLOG is terrible - blue on a black background? Very bad on the eyes, Johnny?

AA must be altering your brain structure & vision.
Get real, Jack! I love you, Johnny! Do you love me?

I, MICKY, AM ONE OF GOD'S MARVELLOUS DEEDS, THAY MAKES IT KNOWN TO ALL THE NATIONS>

 
ga.js