CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Freedom to Choose


Today I have freedom from the ball & chain of addiction.
My thoughts and actions are not consumed with the endless process of the drinking obsession.
Although I don't find that sobriety is any guarantee of happiness, it does allow the choice to be happy. My life isn't as exciting as it once was; but it certainly is more stable, and has a serene level of contentment.
The joy I derive from helping another addict is two fold; the action helps me give something back, to the program, and to my self-worth. Many times I wish everyone attempting sobriety would be able to stick around long enough to break through the barriers that block them.
A friend of mine, Sandy often says, "hang on to your seat, and enjoy the ride"; so true because there are times when that's all I can do.
Life goes on, and just because I'm not drinking does not mean all will be sunshine, lollipops and rainbows. What I do find is that I can face reality and look myself in the mirror everyday
and say "I'm ready for whatever life has for me today".

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE JESUS SO MUCH

I SHOULD NEVER HAVE ANY CAUSE OR REASON TO BE ASHAMED TO LOVE JESUS.

Is not the time coming, and the day hastening, when covetous men shall be ashamed of loving the world, and voluptuous men ashamed of loving their pleasures, and ambitious men ashamed of loving their honors?

For is it not a horrid shame, that a rational creature should be such a sot as to love sin which is most loathsome, and not to love Jesus who is most lovely? to love deformity, and not beauty?

Oh shame, shame! It is a shame that sin should have such esteem, and Jesus such great contempt put upon him. But shame shall before long confound these now shameless wretches, when they shall cry out, "We are ashamed that we loved profits, and not Jesus- houses, lands, lusts, and not Jesus.

This is the confusion of our faces, and shame covers us-- that we should be so foolish, and so blind, that we had not sense, nor reason, to distinguish between sin, which is the greatest and most odious evil, and Jesus who is the greatest and most lovely good." But the time will never come, the day will never be, that a gracious soul shall be ashamed of his sincere love to Jesus Christ.
PEACE BE WITH YOU
MICKY

 
ga.js