CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Simple Daily Plan


The major difference between waking up sober versus hungover?
Enjoying the sounds of birds chirping, rather than wanting to shoot them.
Starting my morning with a prayer, stretch and a hot cup of coffee, sure beats stumbling to the bottle for the inevitable "eye-opener". Today, I have a choice of want I want to do, instead of having to plan my strategic drinking regimen. It is a gratifying feeling of freedom.
Sure it may sound a bit routine, or boring, but I am a creature of habit just continuing to establish healthy habits to supplant the destructive ones. These daily mental exercises are chisels that chip away at my denial and ego. I am learning to suppress the old "romancing" thoughts of how nice a beer or glass of wine would be.
If I get to hear another alcoholic remind me of where that first drink leads; it allows me play the tape through to the end. I try to make it a point to share my experience on a daily basis, and possibly help someone with their journey in sobriety.
At the end of day, I review my actions; was I tolerant, helpful, angry or resentful?
My inventory must include the positive actions of the day, not just my faults.
Most importantly, I have to assess; am I moving away from a drink or drug today?


Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Shadow said...

that's one cool plan you've got there!

Unknown said...

DETESTABLE NECROMANCER
You know, the message the 12 Step Paradigm tells us that we are all just powerless over our addictions, meaningless specks of offal in an endless ocean of space and matter where hydrogen atoms and bacteria of unexplained origin can turn into god as you understand him!! Oooo! It’s so exciting and uplifting to be regularly assured by Steppers in all their ineffable knowledge and function is just an accumulation of 1st Century Christianity Buchmanism & Nihilism. Oooo! It’s heart-warming, I’ll tell ya. We owe these "messengers" so terribly much that it is difficult to put into words... We can talk to dead people & consult spiritists.
9 When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. 10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifice his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. 13 You must be blameless before the LORD your God [Deuteronomy 18: 9-13]
Wilson was a “detestable necromancer” who talked to dead people & consulted spiritists. He was “an angel of light” and if you Steppers want what he had, keep going to 12 Step meetings & end up as zombies. I beg of you to see the True Light [John 3: 16] & have Eternal Life, not death [12 Steps].
Peace Be With You
Micky

 
ga.js