CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

enjoy the ride


Yes, it's bound to be bumpy, frightening, exhilarating and satisfying.

I have no clue what it's like to have 5 years clean & sober.
however if I continue my journey "out of the woods", I guess
I will find out in about 6 months.

The question asked of me by counselors with each return
to rehab, was "what's going to be different this time?"
Each time I had no logical answer; my response would be,
"I don't know, but I'm here!"

Looking back there were many reasons for ultimate relapse.
Part of it was returning to home, job, old friends and haunts.
The familiarity and temptations associated with it all, were
just too much to handle.

I'm so fortunate today to be away from all those people,
places and things.

Euphoric recall is a powerful stumbling block;
It's taken this long to finally play the tape ALL
the way to end...I don't want a decade of misery,
for a few moments of intoxication.





ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Shadow said...

changing habit. very important isn't it. hard for hubby to accept sometimes, but for me undeniable.

5 years in 6 months? that's a huge achievement! well done!!!

 
ga.js