CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 2, 2008

Making amends







there is some apprehension with many of us,
when planning amends.
It is understandable to be uncomfortable when
confronting the prospect of making amends to
those we have harmed.

I actually learned something when first taking
this important step.
My first amends to my ex-wife went surprisingly well,
as she began confessing to behaviors similar to mine!
I was a bit shocked, but also relieved that we are only
human and subject to temptation.

The experience was a relief and quite cathartic.

What she urged me to do as my best amends for her
and my son, were not verbal; but just in continuing
to maintain my recovery. they had heard the "I'm sorry's"
too many times in the past.




ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Shadow said...

what a wonderful sentiment from your ex-wife. both for her and for you.

Kathy Lynne said...

That is just about the cutest picture. Thanks for making me smile and well, I'm about to make my amends list and begin so thanks for sharing.

 
ga.js