CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 16, 2008

My belief


Don't follow the crowd...stay true to yourself.

This is important for me; though the practice
is contrary to many program beliefs.
Conformity is the norm in AA, and any straying
from the group path is frowned upon.

While that was useful for me early on, I began
to question the value of some of the practices.

Today I don't conform to some of the outdated
and ineffective suggestions that are rarely
questioned by others.

My path has to be somewhat influenced by
various outside factors; but the bottom line
still rests on remaining true to myself.


ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Shadow said...

oh i don't know about all the aa principles, but staying true to myself is a necessity. otherwise guilt and restlessness sets in and that's not good....

Anonymous said...

Okay, you've officially picqued my interest. Please do tell. :0) I'm not trying to start anything, I just sometimes enjoy stepping outside of my comfort zone and trying on differing ideas.

 
ga.js