CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Inspirational quotes




Slow down and enjoy life. It’s not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why. - Eddie Cantor

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. - Albert Schweitzer


No man can produce great things who is not thoroughly sincere in dealing with himself. (James Russell Lowell)

Practice yourself in little things, and thence proceed to greater. (Epictetus)

Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. (Stanley Arnold)

Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. - William James

And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. - Abraham Lincoln

Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams. - Ashley Smith

God gives every bird a worm, but he does not throw it into the nest. - Swedish Proverb


ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Unknown said...

METAMORPHOSIS
Dearest Jack,
Four years ago I dropped into a black hole – four months of absolute terror. I wanted to end my life, but somehow [Holy Spirit], I reached out to a friend who took me to hospital. I had three visits [hospital] in four months – I actually thought I was in hell.

I imagine I was going through some sort of metamorphosis [mental, physical & spiritual]. I had been seeing a therapist [1994] on a regular basis (Family of Origin & EMDR), up until this point in time. I actually thought I would be locked away – but the hospital staffs were very supportive [I had no control over my process]. I was released from hospital 16th September 2004, but my fear, pain & shame had only subsided a little.

I remember this particular morning waking up [home] & my process would start up again [fear, pain, & shame]. No one could help me, not even my therapist [I was terrified]. I asked Jesus Christ to have mercy on me & forgive me my sins. Slowly, all my fear has dissipated & I believe Jesus delivered me from my “psychological prison.”

I am a practicing Catholic & the Holy Spirit is my friend & strength; every day since then has been a joy & blessing. I deserve to go to hell for the life I have led, but Jesus through His sacrifice on the cross, delivered me from my inequities. John 3: 8, John 15: 26, are verses I can relate to, organically.

He's a real person who is with me all the time. I have so much joy & peace in my life to day - after a childhood spent in orphanages. God loves me so much. Fear, pain & guilt are no longer my constant companions. I just wanted to share my experience with you (Luke 8: 16-17)

I, MICKY, AM THE HOLY ONE OF GOD.

Shadow said...

this is my favourite one today... God gives every bird a worm, but he does not throw it into the nest. - Swedish Proverb

Kathy Lynne said...

And I just heard one from Thoreau who was asked on his deathbed whether he had made peace with God. And he said: I didn't know we had quarreled.

 
ga.js