CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 10, 2008

King fire-baby


Yes this was me, fightin' fires and saving lives and property.
Part of the time I was just a kid, drinking with the boys, raising
hell and acting like a spoiled brat.

While I couldn't see it at the time, looking back there I was
full of pride, ego and fear all rolled into one.
I almost lost the one career I was good at.
Never good at any trade, hating college, I
finally found my niche. Here was a job with
forcible entry, rescue and fire suppression.
No degree required, or finesse.

Thankfully I was always able to get help
when I needed it.

I'm told to not regret the past; and I can
do that today. All my experiences good & bad
led me to where I am now...

clean, serene and content.



ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Shadow said...

that's a great summary of your life. with a happy ending too!!!!!

Unknown said...

The twelve steps are (as Mr. Wilson used them) given as an answer (a way) in which one can overcome sin (with Mr. Wilson's case, the sin of drunkenness).

Jesus Christ is the ONLY answer for sin. He is the only way (John 14:6). There is only ONE "step", and that is faith in the Savior (Ephesians 2:8/Matthew 1:21/John 8:36/Romans10:13)!

I, MICKY, AM THE HOLY ONE OF GOD.

 
ga.js