CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

finding happiness

"If you want happiness for an hour- take a nap.

If you want happiness for a day- go fishing.

If you want happiness for a month- get married.

If you want happiness for a year-inherit a fortune.

If you want happiness for a lifetime- help others."

an excellent perspective of the sometimes elusive feeling of happiness.
although part of "the promises", this new happiness is entirely
based on the individual's view of what makes them happy.

a common difficulty for us in recovery, is the instant
gratification we were used to. there was the ever-present
risk/reward daily drama.

it's a mystery at times, to actually realize what true
happiness is.
there are as many definitions of it, as there are
people.

while I still attempt to define it for myself,
I trust that it does NOT come in a bottle, pill or potion.




ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Its Always Rainin In My Head... said...

I loved this bit:
"a common difficulty for us in recovery, is the instant
gratification we were used to"

How true! I often find myself (mostly in writing) having to admit to this. I even gave her a name: I.G.W. (Instant Gratification Wench)!

I guess in my desire to remain as honest as possible that admitting to IGW popping up in my daily thinking, I can laugh at the absurdity of THAT expectation and let it go.

Thanks for the reminder about letting go of expectations and outcomes!
www.fencepostings.wordpress.com

Shadow said...

happiness = stability = peace = freedom = sobriety

 
ga.js