CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

How I Work


I am speaking at the noon meeting Thursday; hold on to your seats folks. It will be tell it like it is, no sugar coating, big book quotes or clone-speak. My story is unlike most people in that I had a happy, normal childhood, good parenting and a late start drinking. It took 25 years of boozing for me to even think about quitting. By that time the slow progression was not obvious to me.

I always thought it was under control. I thought wrong! My drinking was controlling me.
The thought of quitting forever was totally foreign to me. Stopping one day at a time seemed rather insecure, and prevented planning for the future. It has taken some time to understand the daily reprieve concept. With each foray into rehab and meetings, I did make some headway.
Alas, it just wasn't enough to keep me stopped. In these past 4 years I have learned to listen and remain open minded. Being honest with myself and others has allowed me to mature spiritually and emotionally.
I still view "The Promises" as possibilities; because of observing some folks who have been in the program many years, still exhibiting immaturity, financial insecurity and hypocrisy.

There will be no spin, exaggeration or boasts in my story. What I say is what I do, like it or not
you can be sure it will be the truth.



ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Shadow said...

i said it earlier. i think we can only take in so much at a time. and a little further down the road, something that didn't make sense suddenly does. i think certain things need to be done, understood and in place before we can carry on with the next step...

 
ga.js