CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 15, 2007

The Middle Ground



I consider myself a Moderate politically, and feel the far left and ultra right are out of touch with the mainstream . This is also my position concerning recovery. It is difficult to identify with those who are super spiritual and take absolutely no credit for their success. Likewise those who have no belief in a higher Power, are stunting their overall growth. Extremists on either end are so convinced of their beliefs or lack thereof, that it baffles me.

When I hear,"God gets me out of bed" or "HP drives my car", I want to respond, "wow! and all this time I've been using an alarm clock"! I also share that "God is welcome to be my co-pilot...but I don't allow anyone to drive the BMW!"

Spirituality is a component of my sobriety, as is being proactive about meetings, service and responsibilities. I cannot place all my recovery in one or the other; there has to be a blend of the physical, mental and spiritual.

In my life there is God's will, free will and self will. What I seek are the ways to balance the elements of the will, and determine when to be self-reliant, and when to accept the things that are out of my control. No one knows for sure if there is a God or an afterlife; it is all faith based, and I for one, have that belief in a Higher Power.




ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Unknown said...

...In my life there is God's will, free will and self will. What I seek are the ways to balance the elements of the will... (I can't get the html tags to work)
It seems recovery is a journey of constant negotiation, navigation, and naturalization, doesn't it?

awannabe said...

I understand what you mean about trying to find a balance. It is hard for me though :-(

 
ga.js