CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 5, 2007

Out With the Old...


and in with the new. That would be my past selfish, egotistical and arrogant ways.
My needs for instant gratification, release from inhibition and desire for power over others
all fed into the cycle of increased drinking. The innocent beginning of the party life, gradually morphed into a constant need for the buzz. For every addict there comes a point of no return;
what used to turn us on...turns on us.

Today I accept myself as I am, and not for what an intoxicant can transform me into.
It is truly a joy to be able to help others discover another way of life, free from the bond of addiction. As long as I remain teachable, grateful and willing to help, I have a chance at another day and another way to live.



ODAT Online Recovery Blogs

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comments:

Shadow said...

'what turns us on, turns on us'

well said!!!

 
ga.js